The most important
- Country residence of the Great Empress Catherine II;
- Large and Middle Tsaritsynsky pond;
- House of bread, Small and Medium palaces — the buildings belonging to the architectural fantasies of V. Bazhenov;
- Grape gate and Park part of the reserve.
Price: 1000 RUB per a person (more than 10 members in a group)
Duration: 2 hours
Type of excursion: walking
The tour is conducted only in Russian
We will get acquainted with the mysterious country residence of the Great Empress Catherine II — a Grand Palace and Park complex. We will enjoy the contemplation of a man-made miracle — the mysterious architecture of two brilliant architects of the 18th century, revived and presented in all its fascinating beauty thanks to the wonderful architects, artists and builders of the 20th and 21th centuries.
Exploring the territory of Museum-reserve, we will dive into the history of the first settlements, marvel at the artfully arranged in a cascade of the Tsaritsyno ponds and artificial Islands, admire the largest musical fountain in the Capital, will see the splendor of the architectural delights of the residence of the Empress.
We will see the monument to architects and learn how difficult was the biography of the greatest Russian architects — Vasily Bazhenov and Matvey Kazakov, hear about the intricacies of their relationship with Empress Catherine II.
During the tour, we will try to unravel the main secret of the Moscow Imperial estate, talk about the romance of the relationship between the Empress and her favorite — his serene Highness Prince Potemkin, get acquainted with the legends and secrets of the country residence of the Empress.
In objects of the architectural ensemble of the Museum-reserve «Tsaritsyno»: Large and Middle Tsaritsynsky ponds, the First, Second and Third kavalersky buildings, etc. In addition to the inspection, we learn how to look artificial Islands of the Tsaritsyno complex when the previous owners of these places; talk about the fate of the extraordinary buildings that belong to the ingenious architectural imagination of Vasily Ivanovich Bazhenov: Bread home, Small and medium palaces; find out why the Main Palace of the estate so different from other buildings of the residence. We will also study the models of the Palace and Park complex and marveled at what could become the ensemble of the estate, when the architect was the favorite of the Empress-Bazhenov.
- Visit to Tsaritsyno Park;
- Inspection of all buildings of the estate ensemble;
- Examination of the foundations of the Cruciform and Hexagonal houses, Cameras Unpackage corps and a Large Cavalry Palace;
- Acquaintance with the Church of the Icon of the Mother of God, preserved on the territory of the complex, a life-Giving Source, different in its architectural decoration from other buildings of the estate.