The most important
Tverskaya street in Moscow was largely a pioneer: the first horse-drawn tram, the first taxi, the first kerosene lighting, the first non-deficit shops and many other innovations. The history of this street would be enough for a small town! In the Kremlin followed the kings in temples to offer prayers to God, arranged the balls in the mansions, there was catching of ghosts, moved the house, rented movies, baked bread, demonstrating...
To know Tverskaya means to plunge into the history of Moscow, and with it the whole of Russia.
- one of the last large tent churches in the history of Russian architecture;
- houses of the XVIII century, including the legendary Eliseevsky;
- Savvinskoe — the building in pseudo-Russian style, in which did the pioneer of Russian cinema, Aleksandr Khanzhonkov;
- the house where the famous announcer, Yuri Levitan, reported the beginning of the great Patriotic war;
- of the hotel, where Churchill, Hg wells, John reed, Jacques Chirac, and opened the first USSR exchange;
- legendary House with Granite, theaters, monuments, squares and much more!
Price: 700 RUB
Duration: 2 hours
Type of the tour: walking
The tour is conducted only in Russian
We touch the secrets and mysteries of Tverskoy unique:
- How did the first bun?
- Why the monument of A. Pushkin embarassed?
- How the city hall and Ilyinsky lighthouse in the Crimea connect?
- Where was the bridge leading to Tverskaya, and Where disappeared the river through which he was thrown?
I'm sure Tverskaya has something to surprise you with!