The most important
The Catherine Palace in Tsarskoe Selo (Pushkin is its modern name) is a fairytale castle that enchants and delights everyone with its azure and golden facades!
Likewise a summer residence of Russian imperial family, it is situated 25 km away from Petersburg. It owes its birth to its three mistresses: Catherine l (wife of Peter l), Elizabeth Petrovna (his daughter) and Catherine ll.
Most talented architects of the time such as Braunstein, Zemtsov, Kvasov, Rastrelli, Cameron and Quarenghi embodied the tsarinas’ fantasies, designs and personal tastes. Every successive owner held it obligatory to make alterations in the state apartments and numerous rooms. But they were in a perfect harmony with each other!
The best known is Rastrelli's grand suit of formal rooms known as the Golden Enfilade and the legendary Amber Room.
Catherine Park is as well an integral part of the royal Catherine Palace, consisting of two parts: a regular old garden and English garden, where there are other constructions among which are Cameron Galleries, Hermitage, Dutch Admiralty, Chesme Column, Marble Bridge, etc., that form the whole ensemble.
2 hrs - 7300 RUB (minimum amount of hours);
3 hrs - 14600 RUB;
4 hrs- 18250 RUB.
Duration: 3-4 hours
Type of excursion: auto-walking
Excursion is available on English and Russian
Contents of the tour:
- Picking up from hotel at 10.00;
- On our way there you will hear the story of how Petersburg was founded (takes about 1 hour);
- We will have a walk around the park, see the main park ensembles, stroll down the Cameron Galleries. Here you will hear the story of the most powerful and enlightened Russian empress, who came from Germany but did so much for the Russian Empire. The story of her way to Russian throne, her love of monarchy and her numerous lovers;
- The visiting of the Catherine Palace should be planned in advance so that I can arrange tickets. The Amber room is highly recommended for visit.
- VIP tours for 1-3 persons;
- In all the tours are included my services as an English speaking tour guide;
- Business class auto ( Audi A7);
- Picking up at the hotel;
- Refreshments on.