The most important
Sparrow hills is not only the tallest place in the city, but also the most sacred... Not a chance in the fourth century there were temples of Vyatichi and Krivichi, and Bulgakov's because we here flocked to the Sabbath. It is no coincidence that from here crept indomitable Russian thirst for knowledge. And the wise Chekhov, of course, did not accidentally say: "Who has not been here does not know Moscow."
Type of excursion: bus
The tour is conducted only in Russian
Vorobyovy Gory with a visit to St Andrew's monastery, the House-Museum of academician and Nobel laureate Peter Kapitsa, as well as the Trinity Church on Vorobyovy Gory.
You will hear:
- What a Palace of many centuries standing on the Sparrow hills;
- From whom the Moscow Prince was hiding here in a haystack;
- Why St Andrew's monastery since ancient times was called the teacher's;
- In whose restaurant for appetizers, guests were served the binoculars;
- Where were the transit prison, and what made the whole beloved Moscow doctor Fyodor Gaaz to give their last money for the construction of the temple;
- See the icon, which prayed Kutuzov and Bagration before the surrender of Moscow to the French;
- We will visit the house of one of the most famous scientists of the country of Soviets. Find out why the Bolsheviks banned Peter Kapitsa to return to the laboratory Rutherford and what happened when the great scientist refused to work on the creation of the atomic bomb.