The most important
Peterhof is a park and palace ensemble located in Peterhof (not far from Saint-Petersburg), commissioned by Peter the Great as a direct response to the Palace of Versailles in France. It was a summer residence of imperial family.
Peter l had a strong desire to overshadow the celebrated fountains of Louis XIV and prove to the rest of Europe that Russia was a powerful and mighty empire.
2 hrs - 7300 RUB (minimum amount of hours);
3 hrs - 14600 RUB;
4 hrs- 18250 RUB.
Duration: 3-4 hours
Type of excursion: auto-walking
Excursion is available on English and Russian
In the period between 1714 and 1728 the architecture was designed by Domenico Trezzini, and the style he employed became the foundation for the Petrine Baroque favored throughout Saint Petersburg.
The fountains of Peterhof are one of Russia's most famous tourist attractions, drawing millions of visitors every year (there is about 200 fountains there)!
The most famous ensemble of fountains is the Grand Cascade which runs from the northern facade of the Grand Palace to the Marine Canal.
The Grand Palace itself has a rich collection of Russian and Western European decorative and applied art.
The ensemble also includes Cottage Palace, Marly and Monplaisir Palaces, Hermitage Pavilion, Upper and Lower gardens.
Contents of the tour:
- Picking up from hotel at 10.00;
- On our way there you will hear the story of how Petersburg/Peterhof was founded (takes about 1 hour);
- We will have a walk around Upper and Lower Gardens, see the main Fountains and park ensembles, stroll down the Marine Canal. Here you will the story of the most striking fountains in the world and how this whole gigantic system works;
- The visiting of the Great Palace is by our own choice (let me know in advance so that I can arrange tickets);
- Visit of Alexandria Park (Gotic Chapel and Cottage), that was gifted to the wife of Nicolai l Alexandra Fiodorovna. Hear the all-times-love-story between Nicolai l and his tender White Rose wife, to whom the greatest Russian poets devoted their rhymes.
- VIP tours for 1-3 persons;
- In all the tours are included my services as an English speaking tour guide;
- Business class auto ( Audi A7);
- Picking up at the hotel;
- Refreshments on.