The most important
The Pavlovsky ensemble is another imperial residence. Catherine the Great ordered to build it near St. Petersburg for her son, Grand Duke Paul. After his death, the building became the shelter of his widow, Maria Fyodorovna.
Pavlovsky Palace and Park Ensemble is one of the largest in Europe, its area counts 600 hectares. The central element of the Pavlovsky ensemble is the Grand Palace, an amazing example of Russian classicism of the late XVIII and early XIX centuries. It was built by Charles Cameron between 1782 and 1786.
As a fan of ancient art, Charles gave all his creations a touch of classical rigor and sophistication. The Grand Palace captures the imagination with its perfect harmony, proportionality and elegance. The interior perfectly fits the strict architecture of the building.
The art collection of the Pavlovsk Palace is connected to the imperial family’s trip to Europe in 1781-1782. Paintings, furniture, fabrics, porcelain sets, ancient sculptures and many gifts from the royal courts of Europe were brought here.
Since the beginning, Pavlovsky Park has been known as the best landscape park in the world and one of the best green recreation areas around St. Petersburg! The reason why the park is so charming is the exact proportionality of landscapes with the architecture.
2 hours - 7300 rub. (minimum number of hours);
3 hours - 14,600 rubles;
4 hours - 18,250 rubles.
Duration: 3-4 hours
Type of the tour: on a car and walking
The tour is available in English and Russian
• Meeting at the hotel at 10.00;
• On the way there you will hear a story about how St. Petersburg was founded (about 1 hour);
• We will walk around the park, see the main park ensembles, including the private garden of Maria Fyodorovna and the Temple of Friendship;
• We will visit the Grand Palace: the Italian Hall, the Dining Room and the Cabinet of Maria Fyodorovna. We will see tapestries donated by King Louis XVI, and a set of 60 toilet articles from Sevres porcelain, gifted by Marie Antoinette during a trip to France;
• I will also tell you about the wonderful wife of Paul I, Maria Fyodorovna, who was the mother of two Russian emperors Alexander I and Nicholas I and did a lot to develop charity in the Russian Empire.
All the following is included:
• VIP tours for 1-3 people;
• All services include my services as an English-speaking guide;
• Business class car (Audi A7);
• Meeting at the hotel;
• Water in the car.
Please note that the museum tickets can be purchased in advance after the arrangement is made with my guests.