The most important
On this tour you will get acquainted with Myasnitskaya street and its alleys, which was also called Rublevka of the XIX century. Why did this happen, and how did the street evolve over time?
Duration: 2-2,5 hours
Type of excursion: walking
On the tour we will learn:
• Who built the bell tower above Ivan the Great? And why the flaming tower so pleased local people?
• Where was the secret office? What archaeologists found under the vacant lot between it and the Lubyanka?
• Why Pugachev was tried and executed in Moscow? How many of his wives were in the basement of the Secret office? Why Catherine the Great classified all the papers in the case of the Pugachev rebellion?
• Where were the main meetings of the masons?
• For whom the richest tea Pearls have built a house?
• Why the first mailboxes didn't hang, and went? And who issued an unspoken decree that postal employees were married only among themselves?
• Why this street was called «Rublevka» of the late XIX century?
Take along: headdress for women (to enter the compound of Antioch)