The most important
Miraculously preserved in its medieval guise, Varvarka will tell us about the life of the local people in the 15th, 16th and 17th centuries. We learn about the secrets of overseas merchants, boyar intrigues, bloody war between Godunov and Romanov. And the history of ancient Zaryadye and does return us to the XII and XIII centuries to a small wooden Kremlin.
• Temple Of The Great Martyr Varvara;
• The Church Of St Maxim The Confessor;
• The English court;
• Romanov Chambers;
• Cathedral of our Lady of the Sign (with its unique ancient icons);
• The old Gostiny Dvor;
• On the observation deck of the Park Zaryadye we will talk about the history of the Kremlin and its surroundings.
Duration: 2-2,5 hours
Type of excursion: walking
On the tour we will learn:
• Who was the first and most beloved blessed in Moscow;
• Which meant «to go to Varvara massacre»;
• Who of merchants Varvarka owes its name;
• What Alexei Mikhailovich Quietest drove the British from Russia;
• Where Ivan the Terrible moved merchants from the Kremlin;
• Where was the Great street, and why it was the temple of Nikola Mokry;
• In whose honor the Romanovs built the Znamensky monastery;
• Who and how came up with the first sale;
• When and where found the largest treasure Moscow.