The most important
Languageeng, de, ru
Moscow metro is usually recognized as a below-ground museum being probably the most beautiful underground system in the world. Discover a dozen of the most eye-catching metro stations and learn a bit of its history. Feel free to take photos of the things that impressed you beneath the ground as you're allowed to!
- Find out the original name of Moscow metro, learn how the Circle Line (The Ring) emerged and why there are no busts of Stalin in the whole subway;
- Admire the beauty of the station-based artworks: fabulous glass-windows on Novoslobodskaya, mosaic panels on Mayakovskaya and Komsomolskaya — all created by famous Soviet artists;
- Take a photo with one of the 76 bronze sculptures depicting ordinary Soviet people on Ploshad Revolutsii station and discover a few related city legends;
- Wonder how deep many metro stations are bedded and how short the interval between trains is.
Price: 3600 RUB per a person, 1200 RUB for each extra person, children under 12 go free of charge
Duration: 3 hours
Type of excursion: walking
Available in English, Deutch, Russian
There are 268 stations of Moscow Metro (at the time of writing this article, at least — there are might be more already). The underground system keeps growing annually, so it’s hardly possible to view all of them. However, we are going to see the most remarkable 10-15 metro stations during our 3-hours trip. We are going to start with a brief history of the subway on the ground as it can be quite loud for talking beneath, though it won’t keep us from learning the most interesting facts about each station on its platform. Transfer between the stations won’t take us more than 5 minutes, Moscow Metro trains literally come and go, above all, all the stations to see are located within the Ring. We’re not pressed on time, so feel free to explore the amazing underground architecture, ask questions and, of course, take memorable shots.
P.S. Your hotel/place of staying is considered to be our meeting point — in that regard the route will be formed.
Contents of the tour:
- Individual or small-group tour around Moscow Metro;
- Personal attentive and enthusiastic guide;
- Help with the navigation, since you want to use metro once again during your stay in Moscow and buy a number-of-rides-ticket (better Troika card);
- One-ride ticket per a person for the trip.
- Additional rides, in case you want to use Metro later;
Your sympathic guide Yulia provided us a lot of useful informations and guided as through the most important and beautiful metro stations in Moskau. I can warmly recommend the tour
Had an amazing tour of the Metro System. My guide Yulia was very knowledgeable and was able to answer every question I had. The stations we travelled to were unbelievable, unlike anything I've seen before. Definitely recommend this tour to anyone lucky enough to come to Moscow. Thanks Yulia!