The most important
Koenigsberg has always been a fortification since its Foundation, and by the end of the 19th century it became a fortress city of the first class. It was considered one of the most impregnable cities in Europe, and Hitler believed that it was impossible to take.
- Koenigsberg Castle, which called the first fortress;
- City tortifications;
- Fort Denhof, which is also a Museum of fortification.
Price: 700 RUB per a person
Duration: 2 hours
Type of excursion: walking
The tour is conducted only in Russian
Now it is almost impossible to recognize Koenigsberg, but even after 70 years the former power of fortifications is felt.
Earthen ramparts, ravelins, gates, bastions, drawbridges, water ditches — all examples of fortifications of the old fortification, they are just preserved in the city.
- The tour will start from the place where the history of the city began — Koenigsberg castle, which can be called the first fortress.
- We will visit the place where the resistance of the city ended in 1945-the don tower.
- Next, let's look at the second rampart fortification ring of the Bastion of «Grolman», the Kronprinz barracks, the city gates and postern shaft.
- At the Royal gate we learn what happened to the city fortifications in the early 20th century.
- Visit 11 Fort «Denhof», it is a Fort-Museum of fortification. There will also be an opportunity to eat.
- If you have a desire, we can extend the tour — visit Fort No. 5 and some other fortifications of Koenigsberg.