The most important
Walk through the wonderful garden which surrounds the magnificent Catherine Palace. Watch the panaroma of Tsarskoje selo. Experience the interiors of the palace in Pavlovsk – the only one that was constructed for living of the royal family and not for official ceremonies. Visit Russian orthodox church of St Nicholas the Miracle worker.
- Discover the park complex at Tsarskoje selo – the centre of a political and court life of Russian Empire with the amazing façade of the Catherine palace;
- Visit the rooftop to enjoy the view over Tsarskoje selo;
- See interiors of the Pavlovsk Palace;
- Experience the Russian orthodox church which is not popular among group-tours but still is beautiful and authentic.
Duration: 8 hours
Type of excursion: walking
Available in English
Tsarskoje selo became the summer residence of Russian royalty in the beginning of the 18th century when Peter the Great presented these territories to his wife. Later his daughter Empress Elizabeth built a magnificent baroque-style palace surrounded by the garden with many attractions. Pavlovsk is situated in the neighbourhood of Tsarskoje selo and represents a picturesque ensemble of palaces and parks. The Pavlovsk palace is one of the best examples of Neo-Classical style. The church of St. Nicholas is the example of neo-russian architecture style.
Contents of the tour:
- Small-group tour of Pushkin and Pavlovsk (including the visit to the Pavlovsk Palace);
- Professional guide;
- Admission tickets to parks, rooftop with panoramic view, Pavlovsk Palace;