The most important
Walk along the Central street of Krasnodar with immersion in its pre-revolutionary history. As coexisted Cossacks-settlers and Kuban circassians until the end of the Caucasian war, how did Ekaterinodar Circassian diaspora and what charitable projects in the city organized. Circassian house patrons and their stories.
Price: 750 RUB per a person
Duration: 1,5 hours
Type of excursion: walking
Excursion is available on English and Russian
You will hear about:
● Famous Circassians in the history of Kuban;
● Circassian charitable society and its famous evenings;
● Circassian Royal officers and famous revolutionaries.
«Cherkassy patrons of Ekaterinodar» is a tour based on a unique material collected from different pieces of Krasnodar history, which are connected into a single canvas. We will not only walk through the streets and look at the modern look of the buildings of that time, but also on large printed photos we will be able to compare them with the view from the past.
The walk takes about 1 hour 30 minutes, and during this time you will:
• Listen about Circassians (adyges) — the indigenous population of the region;
• Learn about the connections of the Circassian society by Ekaterinodar;
• Circassian markets in Ekaterinodar;
• Circassian charitable society and its famous evenings;
• Circassian patrons, their ideas and fates;
• On the influence of revolution and Сivil war on their ideas;
• Immerse yourself in the past through old photographs and compare it with the present.
At the end, we will drink tea/coffee in the house where the capital of Adygea was until 1936 and share our impressions.
Standard start on Saturday or Sunday at 11:00 at the beginning of Krasnaya street, near the monument to Catherine.
- Individual and group (up to 20 people) tour of the pedestrian center of Krasnodar;
- Professional guide;
- Visualization via vintage photo;
- Coffee/tea/water on the route;
- In the final, you can ask additional questions to the guide over a cup of coffee in the building where from 1922 to 1936 was the capital of Adygea.